ARTIS members from UNIVIE presented at the 2023 American Psychological Association (APA) Convention, which took place in Washington, DC, USA, during August 03 – August 05, 2023. The presentations were part of the APA Division 10 (Society for the Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts) programme.
The various posters and presentations included:
- How do We Move in Front of Art? Classifying movement types in relation to emotion and evaluations in a gallery-like setting – Corinna Kühnapfel
- Just staring versus transformational experience? Investigating the role of art context in performance art with Marina Abramovic “The Artist is Present” – Theresa Demmer & Matthew Pelowski
- Are there shared patterns in how we respond to art, and how can we characterize these varieties? – Stephanie Miller
- Enhancing the well-being impacts of art Viewing through aesthetic looking – MacKenzie Trupp (Division 10 Micro-grant presentation)
- The role of interoception, the body, and emotion in art experience – Corinna Kühnapfel